For 25 years, Chopard has been a loyal partner of the Mille Miglia antique car competition. This lasting relationship bears witness to the close connection between this Geneva-based brand and the world of car racing. The 2013 GMT chronograph was completely redesigned to celebrate ‘the most beautiful race in the world’ (la corsa più bella del mondo). This year’s theme is antique racing car design.
For Chopard, the Mille Miglia antique car race is a family journey. Chopard’s co-president Karl-Friedrich Scheufele, who loves the antique car collection and is also a traditional car rally driver, participates in this magical event every year, by his wife or friend Jack Jacky Ickx served as the co-pilot. His father, Karl Scheufele III, Chopard’s honorary president, also regularly competes. The relationship between Chopard and this most famous antique car race dates back to 1988, and Chopard has been the main sponsor and official timer of the race ever since. From May 16th to 19th, 2013, Chopard will closely participate in ‘the most beautiful race in the world’ for 25 consecutive times.
A chronograph tailored for racing
From 1927 to 1961, the main format of the Mille Miglia competition was speed racing on the road, which has been transformed into a rally today. Riders no longer need to cross north and south Italy in less than 20 hours. Today’s schedule is three days. However, this does not mean participating purely for entertainment. The race is real and the track is rugged, these old cars are both powerful and willful. Because only cars that participated in the race from 1927 to 1957 are allowed to participate in the race. Drivers can only rely on their driving skills, directions on the road map and timing tools. The Mille Miglia 2013 chronograph is designed for this: the watch can be an indispensable player in a race, just like an engine, fuel gauge or suspension.
Excellent ergonomics and attention to detail
Internally, the Mille Miglia 2013 watch is a watch with a 24-hour hand second time zone display and a date display. Externally, it is a tribute to racing and racing. The watch is completely redesigned, symbolizing Chopard’s attention to detail in all its timepieces. With a diameter of 42.8 millimeters, the Mille Miglia 2013 watch is equipped with a wide bezel with a diameter of 44 millimeters. This smart combination can not only keep the bezel tightly on the watch, but also allow the watch to reach the most slender wrist. The most comfortable base. The pursuit of the best ergonomics is also reflected in the redesign of the lugs. The lugs are short and tilted in order to make the watch fit snugly on the wrist. The beautifully patterned mushroom-shaped chronograph button is in the best finger position. The texture of the integrated rubber strap is like the Dunlop tire rubber of the 1960s, and it is perfectly integrated with the case to make the wearing experience more smooth and comfortable.
Excellent read clarity
From the dial design, the Mille Miglia 2013 chronograph focuses on clear reading. The red chronograph has a white tip for easy reading. The light gray timer forms a sharp color difference with the dark gray of the other parts of the dial, which represents the second-level functional reading when it is separated from the other parts of the dial. The speedometer is located above the bezel. The second time zone display is between the time indications. The date display is also quite prominent. It is engraved on this red arrow. This symbol is also a symbol of the race. It comes from the sign that instructed the drivers to complete the round-trip from Brescia to Rome. This shape is also used by the hour markers on the dial. The hour markers and hands are coated with Superluminova. Even in the dark, the drivers of antique Maserati or Porsche can read the time clearly.
Mille Miglia 2013 chronograph theme color selected red favorite Italian racing. The raised part of the dial, the periphery of the chronograph and the chronograph hands are red. This symbolizes the red color of racing, adrenaline and gentlemen crossing the Alps, and also the fiery passion of Chopard’s passion for racing.
• Stainless steel or 18K rose gold
• Total diameter: 44.00 mm
• Thickness: 13.70 mm
• Water resistance: 100 meters
• Stainless steel or 18K rose gold bezel with flying logo
• Stainless steel or 18K rose gold cross rolled button
• Anti-glare sapphire crystal surface
• Stainless steel or 18K rose gold closed case back with engraved 1000 Miglia arrow logo
• Automatic chronograph mechanical movement
• Total diameter: 30.40 mm
• Number of gems: 25
• Power reserve: 46 hours
• Vibration frequency: 28,800 times / hour (4 Hz)
• Official Swiss Observatory Certification (COSC)
Dial and hands:
• Dark gray dial, 3 silver blue timers at 12 o’clock, 6 o’clock and 9 o’clock respectively
• The stainless steel hour, minute and second hands are rhodium plated, the 18K rose gold plate is gold plated, and both plates are painted
• RMT- or gold-plated GMT hour and minute hands coated with Superluminova
• The center of the second is red and the tip is white
• Red timer hands
Function and display:
• Centered hour and minute display
• Small seconds at 9 o’clock
• Center display of the second time zone
• 30-minute counter at 12 o’clock and 12-hour counter at 6 o’clock, centering the second hand
• Date display window is at 3 o’clock
Strap and buckle:
• Integrated natural rubber strap (1960s Dunlop tire texture)
• Stainless steel or 18K rose gold folding clasp
No. 168555-3001 – Limited edition of steel edition 2013
Number: 161292-5001-Rose Limited Edition limited edition of 250 pieces